Re: Safety vest colours: Was Re: Track Safety Awareness Online

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3A4D968C.8D23EEEF@ozemail.com.au">news:3A4D968C.8D23EEEF@ozemail.com.au...
> keith malcolm wrote:
>
> > Russell <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> > 3a4d0a2e$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a4d0a2e$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> > >
> > > "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> > wet
> > >
> > > This no longer applies. The Australian standard, adopted by NSW (DOT &
> > RAC)
> > > for all operators and track staff, is orange only. If you only have a
> > yellow
> > > raincoat, you must wear an approved orange vest on top.
> > >

> > If it no longer applies then why haven't the manuals been updated? I
have
> > the latest updates (status sheet 6, sept 2000) and that section hasn't
> > changed since it was introduced. It does list the standards though (AS
1743,
> > and wet weather clothing  AS151).
>
> And more importantly, why have none of the train crews been told about
this
> change.  Train crews have only been issued with yellow rain coats.  Are we
> allowed to refuse to walk on running lines in the wet without an orange
rain
> coat?

I'll chase up the relevant legislation when I get back from holidays. You
could refuse to walk around running lines in a yellow raincoat (probably why
you haven't been told yet :) ) although if you took that stance, you will
only be told to put an orange vest on top until you get issued with an
orange raincoat..

Russ.