Re: Safety vest colours: Was Re: Track Safety Awareness Online

keith malcolm wrote:

> Russell <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a4d0a2e$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a4d0a2e$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> >
> > "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > > According to the Engineering manual orange or yellow are acceptable in
> wet
> > > weather.
> >
> > This no longer applies. The Australian standard, adopted by NSW (DOT &
> RAC)
> > for all operators and track staff, is orange only. If you only have a
> yellow
> > raincoat, you must wear an approved orange vest on top.
> >

> If it no longer applies then why haven't the manuals been updated? I have
> the latest updates (status sheet 6, sept 2000) and that section hasn't
> changed since it was introduced. It does list the standards though (AS 1743,
> and wet weather clothing  AS151).

And more importantly, why have none of the train crews been told about this
change.  Train crews have only been issued with yellow rain coats.  Are we
allowed to refuse to walk on running lines in the wet without an orange rain
coat?

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au