Re: NSW TravelPass failures (was Re: Cityrail)

malcolmpurvis@optushome.com.au (Malcolm Purvis) wrote in
<m3wvcl4e23.fsf@co3018576-a.rivrw1.nsw.optushome.com.au>:

>Did you use it on a bus?  My yearly TravelPass last year failed utterly
>after 3 months; this year's failed for busses only after 2 months and my
>wife's one sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  In all cases the
>problems occurred after being used on a bus.  Is this a known problem,
>or are we just unlucky enough to encounter faulty bus ticket machines?

It last fuctioned while entering a ferry (Metcard style) barrier at
Circular Quay. After that it didn't work in either station barriers or
ferry barriers.

At least two times I was questioned by the staff as to why I couldnt use it
at the gate instead. "The ticket doesn't work in any barriers any more".
The ferry gate attendant who asked, just wanted to confirm by trying it in
a barrier himself. Wasting his own time. Cityrail station attendant at one
station said "You are meant to use those in the barrier, not here".

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".