NSW TravelPass failures (was Re: Cityrail)

Michael> My brown travelpass failed yesterday afternoon, less than 12 hours
Michael> after I purchased it.

Did you use it on a bus?  My yearly TravelPass last year failed utterly after
3 months; this year's failed for busses only after 2 months and my wife's one
sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  In all cases the problems occurred
after being used on a bus.  Is this a known problem, or are we just unlucky
enough to encounter faulty bus ticket machines?

Malcolm