Track Safety Awareness Online

I just went to the Austrailtrain web site that Maikha posted and did the
final assessment.  I failed, Cool Huh?

                    Q12.
                            An up line has a number on it that ends with:

                            A. an odd number

                            B. a zero

                            C. an even number

                    Answer: B

Whilst B can be correct, I would have thought C would be more accurate?

                    Q13.
                            Fixed signals are:

                            A. provided as a means of communication between
engineering workers

                            B. provided to indicate the distance from Sydney

                            C. provided to safely control the movement of
trains

                    Answer: B

Very expensive way of converting to miles, don't you think?  I said C, but
got it wrong.

                    Q14.
                            Fixed signals:

                            A. are intended to be visible to drivers

                            B. tell when to move forward or back

                            C. show what speed to travel

                            D. can be anywhere beside the track

                    Answer: C

This is sort of true, moreso in Victoria.  However, my feeling would be that
speed would be decided more by speedboards.  The most accurate answer IMHO
is A.

                    Q15.
                            Semi Automatic Signals:

                            A. change colour with the heat

                            B. operate by train movement

                            C. are worked from the signal box

                    Answer: B

I ticked B and C, but got it wrong.  Perhaps more information is needed in
the question?

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au