Re: Official launch in Bendigo of restored Sydney tram R 1808

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> "David McLoughlin" <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in
> message 3a4d62fb@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:3a4d62fb@news.iprolink.co.nz...

> > A "very valuable painting of Bolte" ????
>
> I've done some digging and found the story:
> http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000229/A44945-2000Feb28.html

Oh, many thanks, that made my entire New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm amazed
the Age keeps stories for so long. I read it almost every day, but I
missed that one at the time. Thanks again.

> The Fitzgerald work, entitled Portrait of Sir Henry Bolte, was the
> centrepiece of a small shrine that Mr Kennett has set up in the
> Premier's office in honor of Sir Henry, his political hero.

Kennett had a shrine to Bolte!! That really takes the biscuit.

Thanks, Daniel, I love it!!!!

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand