Re: Official launch in Bendigo of restored Sydney tram R 1808

The story of the offer from Sydney was told on the tram yesterday. I can
remember it being reported in the paper.
But, apparently, Sir Henry Bolte, would have nothing of it.
I'm not a technical person but it was explained to me yesterday that 1808
was rewired underneath to a W2 configuration and that other restorations
would be done the same way. R1 1951 is already at Bendigo and 2001 will be
next.
It has also been reported that Haddon's VR #41 (St Kilda Brighton Electric
Street Railway closed in 1959) is to be restored in Bendigo.
The National Trust has been quiet of late regarding the fate of the trams
stored at Newport Workshops; these inclue R 1845, VR #20 and a Brisbane four
motor tram.
Exciting times for everyone!
Paul Nicholson

"David McLoughlin" <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote in