Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>
> > I am afraid it is crap.
>
> I am afraid that you are wrong.
>
> > Someone who does not wear a tie does not necessarily look like a slob.
>
> They do if everyone else is wearing a tie.

Everyone else doesn't wear ties.

>If 1000 guards are wearing ties,
> and one guard isn't, that guard will stand out,

Not even if all 1,000 were standing together. How many people actually even
see the bloody guard before they get on their train? Only his moronic
"friends" who won't take train cause the guard doesn't wear a tie. He really
is a load.

> and if s/he is flaunting
> that uniform rule, s/he will probably beflaunting other uniform rules as
> well (shirt not tucked in, etc.)

the old no tie must be a criminal rule!

> > The reverse is also not true. (See Sir Les Patterson).  If
> > ties were so important for public image, why are they only required for
> half the
> > year?
>
> Conformity across the system. The same applies with the police, they do
not
> have to wear ties in summer, but they do in winter. I bet a uniformed cop
> who wandered into his station and told his LAC (Local Area Commander) that
> he did not wish to wear a tie in winter would very soon find himself
seeking
> other employment.

Should be horsewhipped!!

> >  Does this mean CityRail only wants passengers in winter?  In summer,
> > no-one will ride the trains, because ties are not compulsory.
>
> No, it comes across to the image that they wish to portray. If they wish
> portray a certain image then they are entitled to do so, unless there is a
> valid reason for not doing so. One or two members of staff not wishing to
> conform is not a valid reason. Staff who do not wish to conform to lawful
> directions of their employers should seek employment elsewhere,

When was the last time your "employer" gave you a directive?  It all comes
from lower and middle management who should have their life support systems
turned off.