Re: [VIC] Huge errors in Newsrail

In article <8nlh8g$5c6$1@news.eisa.net.au>,
  "Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@eisa.net.au> wrote:
> Errors in News Rail.  My God, save us all, the world ends tomorrow.
James,
> I am sure you are a nice guy, well at least you like trains, but, at
the end
> of the day its only a hobby.  There are more important things to get
worked
> up over, like those poor bastards in that Russian submarine.  Now
there is
> reporting you can really complain about as the Russian navy has been
less
> than honest with its reporting. I guess thats the good thing about
living in
> a country like Australia, we can moan about trivial things like wrong
loco
> numbers.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rod Gayford

That's a bit harsh on young James!  I think it's valid to use aus.rail
to air one's rail-related grievances, no matter how trivial they might
seem to some people.  Seeking accuracy in publications is not
unreasonable.

Following your logic, you shouldn't be moaning about your political
leaders like Scully:  I mean, what about those poor peasants under
Stalin (to pick up on your Russian theme), now they really had
something to complain about.

I recall you complaining about Cityrail ticketing complexities on
aus.rail.  That's a hassle those Germans on Concorde would probably
like to deal with every day, in preference to their current situation.

Destination indicator boards!  Guards that don't make announcements!
Aus.rail would be a very empty forum without "trivial" complaints from
people like yourself.  Long may those complaints continue!

Cheers!

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.