Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

pdwyer wrote:

> What you need to do is WRITE a complaint. I've heard drivers complain
> about signals, but unless you receive a written complaint, it's hard to
> get any action done about it. Some signals, like the ones behind the
> stanchion are a pain in the Butt, as companies don't like the idea of
> sticking gantries in, but gantries don't always help either.
>
> Write down your complaints (again). Do you know if you've got a signal
> sighting committee? (Apparently there's a national one :-))

What would you suggest?  Stop the train, pull out a notepad and start writing?  Or wait until we get
off the train 4 hours later (What was that signal number again?)  I have reported a number of perway
problems to Operations, which have been swiftly acted on.  Try reporting a signal light not working
to the signaller!  I have reported the same signal 6 times over a 1 month period to Sydenham
complex.  I am yet to see if it has been fixed (I don't often see the bottom red).

> Speaking of 'too bright' signals, are these LED's? Dimmers wouldn't
> help those, but if they've stuck in the medium or long range type,
> instead of the standard, Your complaints (get your friends to write in
> too!) could get the type changed.

Yes.  They are LEDs.  Why wouldn't dimmers help?  If we can have pulsating LED indications
(dim/bright) why can't we have permanently dim indications at night?

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au