Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

"Sam Eades" <eadess@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:399C88C3.4B8ED85A@yahoo.com...
> I think that it is a good idea "encouraging" drivers and guards (hopefully
> station staff as well) to wear full uniform.

By the threat of sacking them?

 > I think that sloppy work
> practices (such as no tie, untucked shirts, unshaveness - all demonstrated
by
> Cityrail employees) lead to other sloppy work practices (such as not
stopping
> when you should).

Biggest load of crap I've heard in years!

> I was disgusted by the presentation of SOME cityrail staff when I was in
> Sydney recently. It really detracts from any professionalism that was
there.
> The drivers in Melbourne do not all wear the uniform, but at least they
look
> neet and tidy.

Yes, there are Driver's and guards who need a kick up the bum about their
dress standards and (lack of)hygiene, but sacking people and depriving them
of their livelihoods because they won't wear a tie or haven't been issued
with the correct uniform is nothing short of ludicrous. It's like going back
to 19th century England.