Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

I doubt anyone will be sacked for a once-off failure to wear a tie. The
original message mentioned counselling followed by a warning. The
reasonable wearing of a uniform in this case is a reasonable direction
from management, and if an employee fails to heed multiple warnings then
some form of more concrete discipline may be what is needed. Perhaps not
sacking at first, though concrete yes.

Regards, David.

In article <399ca431$0$776$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
> "Sam Eades" <eadess@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I think that it is a good idea "encouraging" drivers and guards
(hopefully
> > station staff as well) to wear full uniform.
>
> By the threat of sacking them?
>
>  > I think that sloppy work
> > practices (such as no tie, untucked shirts, unshaveness - all
demonstrated
> by
> > Cityrail employees) lead to other sloppy work practices (such as not
> stopping
> > when you should).
>
> Biggest load of crap I've heard in years!
>
> > I was disgusted by the presentation of SOME cityrail staff when I
was in
> > Sydney recently. It really detracts from any professionalism that
was
> there.
> > The drivers in Melbourne do not all wear the uniform, but at least
they
> look
> > neet and tidy.
> >

> Yes, there are Driver's and guards who need a kick up the bum about
their
> dress standards and (lack of)hygiene, but sacking people and depriving
them
> of their livelihoods because they won't wear a tie or haven't been
issued
> with the correct uniform is nothing short of ludicrous. It's like
going back
> to 19th century England.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.