Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

In article <8nin87$76$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  David Bradshaw <davidbradshaw@my-deja.com> wrote:
> I doubt anyone will be sacked for a once-off failure to wear a tie.
The
> original message mentioned counselling followed by a warning. The
> reasonable wearing of a uniform in this case is a reasonable direction
> from management, and if an employee fails to heed multiple warnings
then
> some form of more concrete discipline may be what is needed. Perhaps
not
> sacking at first, though concrete yes.
>
> Regards, David.
There are plenty of other ways to upset management, for example wear
the tie but have the top button undone with the tie hanging slightly
loose. I've never seen a manager petty enough to put a trivial offence
like that down on paper. If they do they'll be the ones to look foolish
before the appeals board.
John.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.