Re: NSW line upgrades

In article <bX0o5.61$1q6.4215@news0.optus.net.au>,
David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:
>Heard on the lunchtime ABC news that Scully announced an extra $40 million
>for upgrading the north coast and southern lines over the next 12 months
>(read: after the Olympics).

 The article in Yesterdays Sun Herald then went on to say 'No additional goverment
funding is being provided, money is comming from other area's of RSA budget'.
 In other words they just let some other part of the network go to total rack and
ruin in return...

 I guess they close the main west further west than Lithgow and close the remaining
branch lines.

 The net effect could be worse for rail as a whole, as other lines will get abandoned
(maintence wise) to make up the short fall.