Re: 3801/30 to ararat

"Eddie Oliver" <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
390820FC.3097CDC5@efs.mq.edu.au">news:390820FC.3097CDC5@efs.mq.edu.au...

> They were after the days of analogous events which were in the habit of
> occurring on the "Cargo road near Nashdale"?
>
> Eddie

Are you referring to the 90 degree right hander at the bottom of a hill on
the road from Borenore to Nashdale, just before it joins the Cargo Road. I
have seen at least one car end up in the orchard there, IIRC it was while
chasing the Comet.
I have experienced driving into a dry creek bed on the road through Bocoble
Gap, between Molong and Manildra, also while chasing the Comet. Luckily a
following car load of photographers helped me extricate the car and continue
the chase, Mr Marshall should remember that one.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton