Re: 3801/30 to ararat

Ah this brings back memories of Easter 1973 when 3801 & 3820 went to
Melbourne, the first time 38s went to Melbourne.
I was terrorized by a couple in a souped up Morris Minor at Jerrawa when I
was awaiting lineside waiting to get the cream when this blue thing with NSW
plates came hurtling in sideways ( a well known husband & wife in the
railfan fraternity) and totally disrupted procedings.
Fortunately I had a Toyota Celica which could outrun anything, (including
Morris Minors) except purple GTR Toranas with lots of aerials & driving
lights ( you guess it, an unmarked Constable Plod car) which picked me up at
Wallenbeen, it must have been the Vic rego plates which made him pick on me!
Morris Minors & Plods aside, it was always very difficult to keep within the
speed limits when chasing Rs or 38s. Anything with smaller driving wheels
wasn't a problem,
So I guess in 27 years ( 1973 was coincidently was an ANZAC Day tacked onto
Easter) nothing much has changed in the way motorcaders perform.

Regards

Noel Forster