Re: [Melbourne Australia] Mont Albert to Box Hill and Docklands tramway extensions

David McLoughlin (davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> David Bromage wrote:

> > The Box Hill extension was seriously proposed just before the Kirner
> > government was voted out. Had it gone ahead, the next project would have
> > been extending the route 48 to Doncaster. After that, the two lines would
> > have joined by building a line along Tram Rd.

> That is virtually an urban myth. There was never any such serious
> proposal. It was floated by someone at a public meeting somewhere as
> others in this group will tell you.

It was raised as a serious proposal by PTC officials in several fora
around 1992. I have it in a written report somewhere, provided to me by
the PTC.

> There is no need to extend the tram to Middleborough Road -- beyond
> Station Street,

That shows a severa lack of foresight.

Cheers
David