Re: [Vic] Alamein Line

David McLoughlin wrote in message <38eff132@news.iprolink.co.nz>...
>james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:

>Back in about 1970 there was a major transport report which proposed
>extending the East Malvern 3 to Chadstone  via Waverly Road, Malvern Rd,
>Belgrave Rd and Dandenong Road.

Is the median reservation on Dandenong Road wide enough to accommodate two
tram tracks? If it isn't, then I don't think VicRoads or the RACV would be
too happy at the prospect of vehicular traffic sharing roadspace with trams
on such a busy highway......

An alternative route might be Waverley Road, then south on Chadstone Road
then a loop at the western entrance of the mall..... or perhaps extend it
even further through the mall car park to the Christ Campus of the
Australian Catholic University on the eastern side of the mall.....

Regards,
Bradley.