Re: Sydney Rail strike tomorrow

Kingpin <kingpin1@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
dYbwN2uud7tGqEs9=0rrCh0gxtQo@4ax.com">news:dYbwN2uud7tGqEs9=0rrCh0gxtQo@4ax.com...

> It hasn't worked.  I am totally pissed off with the strikers and it is now
my
> firm hope that they ALL lose their jobs!

Same here - with unemployment being at the levels they are at, they should
give the jobs to someone who will actually do them.

> The bottom line of the mess that is called the SRA is that it is losing
too much
> money.  They have already raised the fares and the other option is to shed
> staff.

Some of the staffa re totally useless - yesterday at Penrith, a guard was
reading the paper - had the road - it took a station assistant to come and
tell him he was due to leave three minutes earlier. But what about the
driver? Why didn't he do something? The station staff were useless as well,
it is only because an interurban was due and the signalman wanted to set the
road for it, but couldn't because the train wsa there, that they know - the
signalman rang them to find out what the problem was (I overheard one side
of it) -  "Platform 1 & 2"....."Oh, is it? Oh yeah, you're right."....."I
will go and tell the guard now."   walk....walk....walk...."Hey mate, you
were due out of here 3 minutes ago"..."Was I? I suppose I had better go
then."

With staff like this, is it any wonder people get pissed off with them.

DaveP