Re: 3801 and 4401...

In article <FBaE3.18827$ei1.36723@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  <glillic@msn.com.au> wrote:

> Craig Haber wrote in message <37E0DBA5.77CDF616@harnessnet.com.au>...
> >G'day,
> >
> >John Dennis wrote:
> >
> >> Although, West Coast Rail here in the Steamy State worked that out,
by
> >> putting a control stand into the R class.  That meant that one crew
> >> could work the steamer and a trailing diesel.
> >>
> >> BTW, does anyone know whether they ever got this working, or use it
in
> >> their day-to-day operations?
> >
> >Works beautifully, has done from day one, and is used frequently.
The only
> thing it (the controller)
> >doesn't do is dynamic brake.
> >
> >Regards,
> >CH.
>
> The point of the original postings was that 4401 is at the <REAR> of
some
> 3801 Limited trains when the load exceeds the power of a 38 class.
Unless
> the locos are fitted with Locotrol, a diesel control stand in the 38
class
> wont be much help.

Yes, I realized that when the earlier postings arrived - out of
sequence.  Unfortunately this is one of the foibles of usenet, and the
postings I saw referred to crewing, etc, and did not make mention of the
loco being attached to the back of the train.

Still, the WCR technique is a good one, and I am pleased to hear that it
works well.

Cheers...JD
--
John Dennis