VIC: 1987 Safeworking Systems

G'day

I have recently acquired a 1987 General appendix to the Metrail Working
Timetable. There are several questions which arise from browsing through
this:
- What was the safeworking between Graham and Port Melbourne just before
its closure?
- What was the safeworking between Ashburton and Alamein in 1987?
- What was the safeworking between Fairfield Jn and the APM factory
before its closure?
- What was the last revenue passenger train to operate from Williamstown
to Williamstown Pier?
- When was double line block on the Epping line replaced?
- When was Staff and ticket between Keon Park and Epping Replaced?

An item of interest is that this shows the following signal boxes on the
Epping line attended for every train:
- Clifton Hill A
- Clifton Hill B
- Merri
- Northcote
- Thornbury
- Bell (not for every train)
- Reservoir
- Keon Park
- Lalor

Double Line Block working was in force between Merri and Keon Park.
Staff and ticket operation was in force between Keon Park and Lalor and
Lalor and Epping
Thomastown was able to be opened as a Staff Station and had a crossing
loop.

Now this may not be interesting to everyone, but I was only 7 years old
at the time and didn't even know what the word safeworking meant, let
alone know what a staff was!

TIA!

Sam Eades