Uncompleted Railways in Victoria

David Langley wrote:

> Roderick Smith wrote:
>
> > Yet another worthwhile question.
> >
> > Vic: Robinvale - Koorakee;
>
> This was opened and operated by the Public Works Dept. between 1932 and 1943.
> The extension to Lette was never finished.

Unfortunately I erred in the above information and someone reported me to the
Victorian Railways Historical Corrections Society, and so they should have, I
should have referred to the current information on the subject. Below is an
extract out of the draft of the Victorian stations gazetteer that has been
compiled in conjunction with the Quail Atlas project.

Line Robinvale - Koorakee was to be opened on 29Feb1932 but arrangements
cancelled.
Line operated by the Railway Construction Branch of the Board of Land and Works
until closed on 12Feb1943.
ACU 473.5  Robinvale Wharf Siding. (o:_____19__, c:_____19__)
 473.6  Murray River rail/road bridge (444m)
SBC 476.1   53 Euston (c:12Feb1943)
SBC 487.8   66 Benanee (c:12Feb1943)
SBC 495.8   65 Koorakee (c:12Feb1943)
Line beyond Koorakee to Lette never completed.

David Langley.