Re: Uncompleted Railways in Victoria

I found the same dates on my own shelf: in Weekly Notice extracts.

This doesn't necessarily prove that trains ran to the formal WN closure
date (they could have been suspended 5 years earlier, and the date was just
a formality).  However, only a few weeks earlier WN had attempted to close
the line, and then published a recission.  This hints that there was a
last-ditch attempt by interested parties to retain a service.

What would have worked Koorakee trains?  Presumably RCB hired the VR train
during the layover, and the VR crew, and but for the paperwork, the result
was indistinguishable from VR having opened the line formally.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in article
<37DF43CF.7889AB86@ancc.com.au>...
> David Langley wrote:
> > > Vic: Robinvale - Koorakee;
> > This was opened and operated by the Public Works Dept. between 1932 and
1943.
> > The extension to Lette was never finished.
> Unfortunately I erred in the above information and someone reported me to
the
> Victorian Railways Historical Corrections Society, and so they should
have, I
> should have referred to the current information on the subject. Below is
an
> extract out of the draft of the Victorian stations gazetteer that has
been
> compiled in conjunction with the Quail Atlas project.
> Line Robinvale - Koorakee was to be opened on 29Feb1932 but arrangements
> cancelled.
> Line operated by the Railway Construction Branch of the Board of Land and
Works