Re: Uncompleted Railways in Victoria

Whilst agreeing that the line from Robinvale to Koorakee was closed in
1943 I find it intriguing that for every year from 1943 to 1959 the
Victorian Railways allocated money in their budget to the construction
of the Robinvale to Lette railway. (Refer to the annual Railway Loan
Application bills).

Not much was allocated each year, 500 pounds in 1944, 200 in 1953 and
1000 in 1959. Not all of it was spent either. Of the 1000 pounds
allocated in 1959 only 12 was spent.

The obvious question is, what were they spending the money on? Were they
hoping to re-open the line one day?

Phil Carter.