Re: WCR leasing R766?

>    <large snips>
 I said close to original condition. These are only minor alterations. This
is
> nothing like putting in a double stack, oil burning equipment, power
reverser and a
> second air compressor.
> What about the R class locomotives which where converted to burn oil or
pulverized brown coal by the VR and then later converted back?
As for power reverser,they should have come out on them in the first
place,its not like the technology was not around at the time.
> > >     The number of R class locomotives being returned to service is
> > ridiculous.
> >
> > Why?
The more the merrier.
> Most of them had years of life left in them when prematurly taken out of
regular passenger service

> > > Why does Steamrail need two (or more) R class locos anyway?
> >

>     What about R707? Surely the preservation groups can work together.
> They do and have so for many years.
> > .
>
>     The different preservation groups should work together to ensure that
the limited
> resources in Victoria are used effectively. What's wrong with sharing the
locomotives
> between different preservation groups. The sort of petty bickering that
currently goes
> on between societies is absolutely ridiculous and it doesn't achieve
anything.
> Its not new and has gone on since the dawn of preservation,you just learn
to live with it.
> > >     The future of WCR isn't certain.
> The future of you, me ,and just about every thing else is far from
certain,as Jeff found out,but that does not stop progressive transport
operators planning for the future,which might include growth and higher
demand.
>     In the future I will only reply to this thread via e-mail as I think
that most of
> you probably know where I stand on this issue and you are probably sick of
this thread
> if you aren't interested in the topic.
>
> --Not so,if you have something to say then say it,,just like this Yes /No
campaign thats going on at the moment,its still a democrocy.

> I don't agree with all your arguments but I defend your right to voice
them..
Lineman