Re: More Money for Alice to Darwin line

Maurie Daly wrote:

> Im interested in peoples views in relation to the 7000 people allegedly needed
> to build this project.
> It seemed on face value a bit high to me.

These days 7000 is probably an underestimate. However you could
probably, with restraint, get by with 7000, made up of 1000 actual
workers, 1500 managers to manage the workers, 2500 to manage the
managers of the workers, 1900 to have managerial titles but not actually
have anything to manage, and finally 100 executives each paid at least
$500,000 per annum to stuff up the whole operation just in case the
others have failed to do so.

Eddie Oliver