Re: WCR leasing R766?

James Brook (ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au) wrote:
>     I really hope they don't convert R766. I like the locomotive the way it is at
> the moment. If WCR want another "super R" ("R2" is the name I give to it. <g>)
> then why don't they get R700 and convert it? R766 has already been restored and
> is currently close to its original condition.

Since when does red paint, name plates, air ride seats, extended bunker,
Hasler speed recorder, 26-L brake and twin turbo generators constitute
"original condition"?

>     The number of R class locomotives being returned to service is
ridiculous.

Why?

> Why does Steamrail need two (or more) R class locos anyway?

For backup. Why would it need three Ks?

> R707 is sitting, ready for use in the west block right next door to
Steamrail!

Owned by a different preservation group.

> service is the absolute limit. In Victoria there are extremely limited
resourc
es
> in volunteer labour, materials and funding to restore and maintain steam
> locomotives.

WCR aren't volunteers.

Cheers
David