Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Jack <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote in message
1E7S3.233$fq3.6538@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:1E7S3.233$fq3.6538@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Hi maurie
>
> Maurie Daly wrote in message ...
>
> (snip)

> >There is no right answer to the above problem other than lengthening all
of
> >the short crossing loops, but dont hold your breath.
>

> But I think another answer would be to restrict NRC to a reasonable length
> of their trains until they have the loops to accomodate them... Why should
> other operators suffer because one operator wishes to run such long
trains,
> andthere isnt the infrastructure to handle them..

The problem is with the Track Authority. If I was a private operator and was
paying access fee's (i.e. National Rail and others) I would not want my
trains put away due to lack of facilities and the track authority charging
me extra for it. There is also the performance contracts. If the train isn't
there on time then the company starts loosing money. Who is going to
reemburse national rail if a garunteed train is put away for an unprofitable
passanger service.

P.S. Jack. I have had many years of railway service previously. I wouldn't
travel with countrylink if you paid me.

--
Gavin Potter
e-mail

"Planning without action is futile. Action without planning
is fatal."  -Alan Speigel.