Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Well Hello Mylo

Mylorace wrote in message <19991028201946.29697.00001647@ng-fy1.aol.com>...
>Poor old Jack, still has no Idea of what we are talking about.

Well maybe U should enlighten me my friend...

>We have had this discussion before, and he didnt understand then and he
dosen't
>now.
>I have traveled Syd / Macksville on XPTs, in excess of 100 return trips.

Makes my few thousand look a bit poor

>Of all those trips only 5 were on time. (within 5 minutes)

Would be interesting to know what days u travelled, like a weekend or a
weekday, during school hollidays or whatever

>30 were more than 1 hour late

>20 were 2 hours late
>one memorable example was 4 hours 20 minutes late, the rest were 30 -50
mins
>late.
>
>Some of the on board staff are very good and are embarresed about the
>conditions, but most just don't care.
>Jack , I am a rail fan , and rail is my prefered method of transport, But I
was
>forced to Sack Country link late last year, as I just could not stand the
lack
>of service any longer.

But you get what you pay for... try a coach, they pull up every now and then
and give you a feed, otherwise it is non stop boredom... at least on a train
u are able to get up walk around have a cuppa if ya want when ya want...

>The general public don't want to know any of the lame excuses you offer for
the
>appalling standard of CUSTOMER SERVICE, and why should they ?

I am not talkin about customer service, that is where U miss the point.. I
am talkin about operational matters that cause trains to run late... and
frankly I dont care whether they care or not, all ya can do is inform them,
it is up to them to be reasonable..

>I will try again in late November, on a trip where time is not important to
me
>, to see if any improvement has been made,

Hope I am there to help you enjoy your trip and maybe enlighten you a wee
bit..

>By the way Jack, I am a full fare paying Ist class ticket buyer , and want
>something close to 1st class service in return, is that to much to ask ?

Because of the people Countrylink carry, First Class is *way* better than
ecconomy, whenever there is trouble on the train it usually comes from
ecconomy, so there is a benefit that U are not subject as a rule to unruly
behaviour...

>So Jack until you understand the meaning of the word Service, please desist
>from commenting on it.

Mylo, I will comment on anything I wish old mate... I feel that until *you*
understand how a railway operates, you should think about what you are sayin
b4 having a spray, but it is your right to make uninformed comments, as it
my right to respond... I dont like what you had to say, but i respect your
right to say it.. How about respecting mine... and by the way, have a look
at the smartarse name of the thread and you might get an inkling as to why I
get a bit annoyed as comments such as yours.. and yes I know you didnt name
the thread..

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year