Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Hi maurie

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

(snip)

>The end result is that exactly what Jack is describing happens , the XPT
gets
>put away to be crossed by the long freights as the alternative is to have
the
>long freights running hours late.
>
>There is no right answer to the above problem other than lengthening all of
>the short crossing loops, but dont hold your breath.

As we speak the loops at Bulliac Taree Kempsey and Nambucca Heads are being
extended to 1500m..

But I think another answer would be to restrict NRC to a reasonable length
of their trains until they have the loops to accomodate them... Why should
other operators suffer because one operator wishes to run such long trains,
andthere isnt the infrastructure to handle them..

Also some of the time tabling on the coast leave a lot to be desired take
for example the crossing of NT2 and 789 Dungog pass... Guess where they
cross.. Wallarobba, a 1500m loop... Now why would you cross 2 short trains
at a long loop when you have SB7 running, which has to make Stroud Road for
a tight Xing on NT2... if it misses that Xing it has nowhere to go and stays
back on the double line and follows NT1 all because you have two passenger
trains crossing at a 1500m loop, which incidently makes both trains late
because of the long time outs associated with the 1500m loops... it is a
tabled 2" xing, but the train that goes in will be hit for 8 because of the
timesouts..

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year