Re: British Accident 1sr Report Out - Thames Driver Not Being Blamed At This Point

Thomas Fothergill <s370507@student.uq.edu.au> wrote in message
38140276@vk4lw.caboolture.net.au">news:38140276@vk4lw.caboolture.net.au...
> Peter Dwyer <peter.dwyer@qr.com.au> wrote in message
> 7v0obi$gdp1@inet6.citec.com.au">news:7v0obi$gdp1@inet6.citec.com.au...
> >
> >  I think you'll find the collision between an EMU and a freight train at
> > Mayne to
> > be considered nasty.
>
> remember that EMU was not in service tho, no passengers were injured

There WERE passengers, and they were a little late getting home. Major
highlighted
safety feature pointed out to me by consultant was the four crash bars in
the fron
of the EMU's.

> > It has involved erecting signs, resighting signals and an ongoing
> awareness
> > campaign.
>
> ahh i wondered why those 'warning signal 300m ahead, check AVS' signs
> started popping up! :)  um, just a little question, what is AVS?

That's AWS, not AVS, Automatic Warning System. Provides a distinction
between
clear (green) and restricted (Red, Flashing Yellow, Yellow, Double Yellow)
aspects.

Peter Dwyer