Re: level crossing near misses, was Re: problems at ringwood

Rod <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
7v1r58$d09$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7v1r58$d09$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> I am afraid you are the one that is flawed! Railway Lines are by an act of
Parliament owned and
>controled by the Relative Government Bodies.
> Roads and Streets are owned/controled by the relative Council or
Government!
> When a road is to cross a Railway Line, provision is made to warn the road
> traffic that they only have permission to cross the private Land [level
> crossing] if no trains are about to cross the crossing, or are on the
> crossing. The crossing belongs to the Railway Authorities! We have on some
> crossings got tell tales to inform us as to whether the crossing is
propely
> opperating protection devices . If you have your car on the crossing, you
> are in the wrong.
> Every crossing in Victoria has as a minimum a Give Way sign on each side.
> Some a stop sign, most flashing lites and lots now have booms.
> Road authorities choose to use level crossings....Rail now demands
Overpass
> or underpass for all new crossings.
> Rod

Whether or not people are wrong to stop on crossings makes no difference.

To stop people dying on crossings, it is necessary to remove them. Nothing
else works.

Peter Dwyer