Re: level crossing near misses, was Re: problems at ringwood

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
> Dave Malcolm said in message <keithm.365.380FFDAE@happy.dca.gov.au>, I
> therefore quote:
>

> >Why feel sorry for an inconsiderate, impatient person? If you take the
> >risk you've got to accept the consiquenses. I would feel sorry for
> >family and friends though.
>

> You took my words straight out of my keyboard :)
>
> Dead is dead, it's nothing, people die every day. But, yes, I do feel
sorry
> for the relatives and friends of the person involved in the accident.
>
> Regards
> Michael
Dave and Michael should actually sit back and read what they have written
about death,because I think they have both been to Kennet arrogance
school,or perhaps its just youth,and being male,the largest group of the
population statistically likely to be killed in a road accident pumping
there gums.
Do you know that about 37 years ago my dad and the rest of us in the car
where a split second from being cleaned up by the Rail motor on the up from
Daylesford at a wig wag crossing.
The grass was long,the weather was fine the wig wag was working and Dad got
the brakes on in the Austin A40 just enough to miss the motor. It was very
very close and I still remember it to this day,vividly.We where all very
shit scared.
IM(H)O boom gates are designed to protect trains from road vehicles,which in
this day is flawed logic
A program started in the 1950s in Vic. should be fast tracked(no pun
intended) and that program is the grade separation of road and rail in as
many locations as possible and hang the cost.
Failing this xings with booms that come down stopping road traffic under
failure conditions should be redesigned to stop rail traffic from entering
the crossing,rather than road traffic sitting and sitting and sitting.
The way things are today is a poor substitute for an efficient traffic
control system.
Lineman