Re: British Accident 1sr Report Out - Thames Driver Not Being Blamed At This Point

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message

> I think the reason for the Queensland usage coming into fairly wide
> circulation (about two or three years ago rather than 4 months, I fancy)
> was because there was a lot of concern that Queensland had an unusually
> high SPAD rate, and there had been a couple of nasty SPADs in the
> suburban area.

 I think you'll find the collision between an EMU and a freight train at
Mayne to
be considered nasty.

Since then SPADs have been high on the agenda and QR hit their five year
target in less than two years.

It has involved erecting signs, resighting signals and an ongoing awareness
campaign.

Peter Dwyer