Re: Extra Blacktown platform (was: St Leonards, NSW)

Bill Bolton <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote in message
nYoROABigUeb2QPNClirUan2NQIq@4ax.com">news:nYoROABigUeb2QPNClirUan2NQIq@4ax.com...

> You clearly have no idea of clerance requirements and workable
> curvature.  Its not like an electric train set.
>
> Bill

 I didn't say a connection from a new platform to the UP north shore would
be a high speed line.  Yes it would be a tight curve and yes a better
alignment could be achieved by replacing the east pylon of the " Old Pacific
Highway" bridge.  But it seems to me that if you look at the curve required
to access a future platform it's radius would be no sharper than that of
some of the older turnouts.  Not ideal but seemingly possible.  Trains would
be slowing down or just starting from a platform so a fast speed would not
be required.