Re: level crossing near misses, was Re: problems at ringwood

In article <3810f811@nap-ns1> "Lineman" <grime@dcsi.net.au> writes:
>From: "Lineman" <grime@dcsi.net.au>
>Subject: Re: level crossing near misses, was Re: problems at ringwood
>Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 09:05:42 +1000

>Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
>> Dave Malcolm said in message <keithm.365.380FFDAE@happy.dca.gov.au>, I
>> therefore quote:
>>

>> >Why feel sorry for an inconsiderate, impatient person? If you take the
>> >risk you've got to accept the consiquenses. I would feel sorry for
>> >family and friends though.
>>

>> You took my words straight out of my keyboard :)
>>
>> Dead is dead, it's nothing, people die every day. But, yes, I do feel
>sorry
>> for the relatives and friends of the person involved in the accident.
>>
>> Regards
>> Michael
>Dave and Michael should actually sit back and read what they have written
>about death,because I think they have both been to Kennet arrogance
>school,or perhaps its just youth,and being male,the largest group of the
>population statistically likely to be killed in a road accident pumping
>there gums.
>Do you know that about 37 years ago my dad and the rest of us in the car
>where a split second from being cleaned up by the Rail motor on the up from
>Daylesford at a wig wag crossing.
>The grass was long,the weather was fine the wig wag was working and Dad got
>the brakes on in the Austin A40 just enough to miss the motor. It was very
>very close and I still remember it to this day,vividly.We where all very
>shit scared.
>IM(H)O boom gates are designed to protect trains from road vehicles,which in
>this day is flawed logic
>A program started in the 1950s in Vic. should be fast tracked(no pun
>intended) and that program is the grade separation of road and rail in as
>many locations as possible and hang the cost.
>Failing this xings with booms that come down stopping road traffic under
>failure conditions should be redesigned to stop rail traffic from entering
>the crossing,rather than road traffic sitting and sitting and sitting.
>The way things are today is a poor substitute for an efficient traffic
>control system.
>Lineman

I know exactly what I have written. I don't feel sorry at all for some one who
dies doing somthing stupid. If you get hit on a level crossing you shouldn'
t have been on it, and if you are you are breaking the law also. it doesn't
take long to stop and look.

Dave Malcolm