Re: (Off Topic!) Exhibition Street Bridge and City Link

(X-posts added)

Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
pQAROOf7z1yEsHopAc1XBYVqxlft@4ax.com">news:pQAROOf7z1yEsHopAc1XBYVqxlft@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:41:23 +1000, "Bill McNiven"
> <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:
>
> >So, I'm curious what happens (once tolls have started) when I naively
drive
> >a NSW (or other interstate) registered car with no e-tag at all onto an
> >apparently public toll road which is the JefferyLink.
>
> If you can't/don't/won't see the multiplicity of signs coloured coded
> blue and yellow instead of green and yellow advising you over and over
> again that you are entering a toll road and to get an E-Tag or phone
> the 131 number for a day pass, you really shouldn't be driving as your
> eyesight makes you a hazard to other road users whether they be from
> NSW or Victoria <g!>.
>
> >  Do they invite me to
> >pay cash, call out the cops, post me a bill, shoot me, or what?
>
> The registered owner of the car will receive an infringement notice
> and  fine in the mail in the same manner as a red light or speed
> camera.

And how enforceable is that infringement notice for interstate vehicles? For
all notices actually, red light, speed and (now) tolls. Is the seome sort of
reciprocal arrangement between the states?

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au