Re: (Off Topic!) Exhibition Street Bridge and City Link

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:41:23 +1000, "Bill McNiven"
<wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>So, I'm curious what happens (once tolls have started) when I naively drive
>a NSW (or other interstate) registered car with no e-tag at all onto an
>apparently public toll road which is the JefferyLink.

If you can't/don't/won't see the multiplicity of signs coloured coded
blue and yellow instead of green and yellow advising you over and over
again that you are entering a toll road and to get an E-Tag or phone
the 131 number for a day pass, you really shouldn't be driving as your
eyesight makes you a hazard to other road users whether they be from
NSW or Victoria <g!>.

>  Do they invite me to
>pay cash, call out the cops, post me a bill, shoot me, or what?

The registered owner of the car will receive an infringement notice
and  fine in the mail in the same manner as a red light or speed
camera.

Regards

Yuri
--