Platform 1, Flinders Street

Hi All,

It appears as if the concreting for Platform 1 at Flinders Street station
is now complete. A couple of interesting points so far however.

* The platform is now being tiled. Why weren't the other platforms tiled at
the same time as being concreted?

* The concreting on this platform took no more than two weeks in total,
from the closing date, most of the other platforms took at least a month or
more.

* The clock on the platform (visible from the escalators that also provide
access to platform 14) read 10 minutes fast (either that, or were stuck on
09:42). This is very disconcerting, as I rely on these clocks. I had
thought I had missed my 9:36 train, and was rather surprised when i saw the
"9:36 ELTHAM" train arriving after this time. Looked at the clock on
platform 14 and then realised that it was the incorrect time.

Now for the questions..

Are platforms 10, 12 & 13 going to be concreted or have escalators
installed?

Is platform 14 going to remain after Flinders Street has finally been
finished (seems to be taking them forever)? At the moment, Platform 14
looks much out of place, and more an afterthought. The space that platform
14 occupies looks much like it could become a second track providing direct
access to the Jolimont line from Platform 1 (rahter than the maze it goes
through now to do it).

There is something being built inbetween platform 14 and Filnders Street
itself, beneath the federation square, does anyone know what this is?

Regards
Michael