English Electric car body

     I have an old book on Railways of the world, in it, it shows an EE
locomotive which is basically similar to the Alco PA.
     Were any preserved and are there any Railway pages which have more
pictures and information about these locomotives?
     I am in the US but I find the early EE carbody locomotive styles very
interesting and actually just as good looking as anything made in the US.
     I read that EE quit making locomotive under the EE name in 1976. Does the
spinoff company (GE of Australia still make locomotives?)
     Thank you and have a good day.
                                                   Bob Riebe