Re: DOO In Sydney?

Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
37FC82E6.4DA51A2A@tig.com.au">news:37FC82E6.4DA51A2A@tig.com.au...
> > How long will the CCTV be able to show the driver the side of his train?
As a
> > guard, I have caught graffiti bombers 2 minutes after leaving a station
by
> > looking out the side at speed.  Victoria can't do this.
>
> I bet that doesn't happen every night. Guard or not, they will still try
it..
> The last time I caught a train in Melbourne (June 99), the CCTV monitors
on the
> stations had automatic roller doors over them, as the train entered the
platform,
> the shutter went up to expose 4 monitors (in color), as it passed the
signal, it
> went down. This, plus extra video surveillance keeps 'vandals' at bay (not
> completely, but reasonably), and gives the friver a view of his train
without
> having to leave his seat.
>
> > > As for any situation you have in Sydney there is an equivilent
solution in
> > > Melbourne, (If your Sydneycentric mind can't accept that I'm sure
London has
> > > solved the problem).
> >
> > Yep....  BANG.
>
> I don't think thats fair under the circumstances. :/
>

> > --
> > David Johnson
> > trainman@ozemail.com.au
> > http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Tony Gatt.
> http://homepages.tig.com.au/~baulko
> Railway Website:
>  http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix/

 David, you played right into my hands!!!!

Tonight on the UP Hurstbridge, (Whilst running in that "DANGEROUS" DOO mode,
I looked back whilst leaving a station just in time to see a moron trying to
tag my train. I hit an Emergency Application, opened the door, yelled, "Grow
up you brain dead moron" he took off across the tracks.

"I DID ALL THIS WITHOUT A GUARD HOLDING MY HAND".

Let face it, I understand your concern, I remember when the guards tried to
replace the Fireman on locos in Victoria, I protested at the time, (Why put
a guard on a train to replace the Firemen? After all the Fireman served a
purpose, he's training to be a Driver), common sence prevailed.

Bob.