Re: 1960's VR photos

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37FAFFF1.6ADD08E1@ozemail.com.au">news:37FAFFF1.6ADD08E1@ozemail.com.au...
>     My webpage was coded in HTML. I didn't use any WYSIWYG editors like
Front
> Page. So the html documents should be compatible with all modern browsers.
> When you download the images all you are downloading is a plain jpg file.
This
> means it should be fully compatible with both browsers. If IE 5.0 can't
> download an image of this size without a problem then there is something
> really wrong with the browser. I use the latest version of Netscape
Navigator
> and this works fine for all web pages that I have seen.

It would probably be a good idea to resize the images anyway - as you said,
the majority are 1000 pixels wide. Most users have their browsers set to
800x600, so viewing the whole pic involves a messy procedure of downloading,
saving, then opening in a graphics program.

If you were to resize them to, say 500 wide, the whole picture would fit in
the browser window. They would also be somewhat smaller in size, and would
download quicker.

A great site, by the way!

DaveP