Re: 1960's VR photos

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> It would probably be a good idea to resize the images anyway - as you said,
> the majority are 1000 pixels wide. Most users have their browsers set to
> 800x600, so viewing the whole pic involves a messy procedure of downloading,
> saving, then opening in a graphics program.
>
> If you were to resize them to, say 500 wide, the whole picture would fit in
> the browser window. They would also be somewhat smaller in size, and would
> download quicker.
>
> A great site, by the way!

    thanks :-)

> DaveP

    There are advantages and disadvantages to this. If I re-sized them to 500
pixels wide then they would be useless for anything other than viewing on a web
page and they would lose quite a bit of detail. I have had a few e-mails from
people who have said that they used some of the photos for the Win95/98
background, this would be impossible at 500 pixels wide. I don't mind if the
photos are used for non-commercial purposes as long as the photographer is
clearly acknowledged. This is why I have decided to make them this size. Anyway,
thanks to everyone for your comments on these photos :-).

<advertisement><g!>

    As many of you have probably already found out there are also modern color
photos of steam, diesel, electric locos, infrastructure and rollingstock. Just
follow the link to my site at the bottom of this message (if you haven't seen it
already!) and go to the appropriate section.

</advertisement>

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: