[NSW] CityRail crew restrictions (was Re: Airport Link OPEN!)

C. Dewick wrote in message <821p8g$mlb$1@lios.apana.org.au>...
>And presumably no Waterfall drivers will be rostered for this. 8-)
>Did you know that we are now the only group of ETR drivers that are not
>qualified for Olympic Park station, etc..
>currently we're not qualified for:
> - Olympic Park, Flemington Junction, Lidcombe 'Sprint' platform, etc.
> - Homebush freight loop and all of the other dedicated freight lines
> - Hornsby yard and maintenance centre
> - short north beyond Hornsby
> - Flemington yard and maintenance centre
> - Penrith yard, and the main line from Penrith to Emu Plains
> - Campbelltown yard
> - Eveleigh (train presentation centre, etc.)
> - Sydney yard (country, intercity yard and platforms)
> - Maintrain (at Auburn)
> - entire Richmond and Carlingford lines
> - Clyde up yard (freightcorpse)
> - main south between Regents Park and Cabramatta
> - airport line (this probably doesn't count yet since almost nobody is
>   qualifiied for it yet)
>No other Cityrail suburban crew depot appears to have as incomplete a set
of
>metropolitan road qualifications as we (Waterfall depot drivers) do...
sigh.
>Regards,
>Craig.
>   Professional Train Driver, Cityrail

Curious follow-up questions from a professional passenger ...

1    Are there lines for which Waterfall drivers are qualified but other ETR
drivers are not (Helensburgh? Thirroul?  further south?
2    What happens if you're driving Penrith (station only) to Gordon when an
incident (match finishes early, or crowd bigger than expected, congestion at
Sydney Yard) leads to your train being transposed to run from Lidcombe to
Flemington via Olympic Park?
3    Are there also differences on qualifications for different train types?
If you're rostered to take a 'G' set from Mortdale CS to Martin Place and it
turns out to be a 'V' set, is there a problem?  Are 'C' sets a problem?

Rgds

Bill