Re: Airport Link OPEN!

In <3843EE8E.2E3ADBEE@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

>Commencing tomorrow (Thursday), 8 car G sets will start running through the
>Airport tunnel.  The first train is due to depart Central 11:01 arriving at
>Turella at 15:39.  This is for noise and vibration testing.

And presumably no Waterfall drivers will be rostered for this. 8-)

Did you know that we are now the only group of ETR drivers that are not
qualified for Olympic Park station, etc..

Actually, I think we have the least road qualifications of any CityRail
suburban crew depot, because currently we're not qualified for:

 - Olympic Park, Flemington Junction, Lidcombe 'Sprint' platform, etc.

 - Homebush freight loop and all of the other dedicated freight lines

 - Hornsby yard and maintenance centre

 - short north beyond Hornsby

 - Flemington yard and maintenance centre

 - Penrith yard, and the main line from Penrith to Emu Plains

 - Campbelltown yard

 - Eveleigh (train presentation centre, etc.)

 - Sydney yard (country, intercity yard and platforms)

 - Maintrain (at Auburn)

 - entire Richmond and Carlingford lines

 - Clyde up yard (freightcorpse)

 - main south between Regents Park and Cabramatta

 - airport line (this probably doesn't count yet since almost nobody is
   qualifiied for it yet)

No other Cityrail suburban crew depot appears to have as incomplete a set of
metropolitan road qualifications as we (Waterfall depot drivers) do... sigh.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport