Re: Box Hill Tram Extension to go ahead

Sorry to burst you bubbles on this new idea that the Labour Party have
provided but if you looked at the tender documents for the privatisation you
will see that the companies had to price certain projects as part of the
tender and then add there own improvements to the system.

It didn't matter if Liberal, Labour, Demo or greens won and where the
controlling party, these projects where going ahead.

As for Swanson? I cannot remember.  Another one for Yarra is the extension
to Doncaster for the tram.  The bridge across the Freeway was designed for
the addition of Tram lines to the centre of the carriage way.

As we all know the electrification of the sydnam line was also included in
the tender and a few other bits, all of which I cannot remember.

One I think was given the no thank you was the duplication of the line from
Heidelberg to rosanna, new bridge and new tunnel, would have been a great
project.

To end, like the old saying......

"Don't trust politicians (either side) they will tell you it was their idea
and that the previous, past and opposition are/where all wrong and this is
how it should be done"

Cheers

Stephen "I wish there was another option to Political Governments" Devenish