Re: Interesting Workings at Brisbane - [Qld] Obviously

Roy Wilke wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:48:17 +1000, "Dean Stalker"
> <dstalker2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Sunsteam have arranged for a Diesel-Electric to run light engine for the
> >shunting operations of the trip. I'm that they may attach the Diesel to the
> >end of the train with BG 1009 still attached, and take the train to the
> >Thorneside forkline so it can turn, the rest of the operation I'm not sure,
> >thats what I will be interested in when the trip is on. Just watching the
> >workings will be entertainment enough. I missed out on an opportunity to sit
> >up with the Fireman, Driver and Inspector. So I won't be able to see what
> >the workings at Thorneside.
>
> Surely, it won't be necessary to turn a Beyer-Garratt? Isn't a BG just
> a bloody big articulated tank engine, when all's said and done?

Not knowing anything about the location, but are there run-round facilities at
Cleveland, and if there are, would they be long enough to accomodate a Garratt?
These may be reasons why the train needs to be turned.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au