Re: Box Hill Tram Extension to go ahead

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
81v8ov$321$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:81v8ov$321$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> : The new Vic Labour State Government today officially announced that the
> : extension to the Mont Albert tram line to Box Hill will go ahead.  It
had been
> : promised and scheduled by the previous government, but this is the first
> : confirmation from the new Gov.  Bracks even travelled on a tram to Mont
Albert.

> : My previous pessimism on this seems to have been misplaced I am happy to
say.

> And last week he was traveling on the SGR.  He is thinking about frieght
and
> pass down there.

The news report I saw also showed Steve Bracks who mentioned also future
extensions to East Burwood tram line and Epping and Craigieburn railway
lines.

An bi-election is being held soon in Burwood (Jeff Kennett's old seat), but
we shouldn't remain sceptical should we?

That's two extensions for Yarra Trams, what are Swanston trams going to do?

Cheers
John Wayman