Re: Head on in the Western district

Craig Haber wrote:

> I guess that 90's term "Risk Management" comes into play.  The 'risk managers' may
> well argue in this case that with the doors unlocked, perhaps once every 5 years
> somebody will fall out and die.  On the other hand, maybe once every 100 years a
> train load of passengers will be incinerated or drowned becuase they were locked
> in a crashed train and had no means of escape.  While the former is more likely,
> the consequences of the latter are far greater.  It's up to each of us to decide
> what we'd prefer - but for me, I would not be locking train doors.  And if the
> doors are to be locked, emergency exits should be provided.

I noticed that Steamrail's LAN has a cover over the door handle that has to be lifted
up to use the handle. This means that any adult should see that it isn't an ordinary
door, even if they are trying to walk around half asleep. I think there should be some
level of parental responsibility, ie: supervise young children at all times. I agree
with you Craig, the doors shouldn't be locked when there are passengers inside the
train.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: