Sydney airport railway - effect on buses

On a recent visit to Sydney, I caught an Airport Express bus into the
city. The driver ventured that many bus drivers were "getting very
worried" about their future as a result of the airport railway. The most
recent predictions put it in operation as early as April.

Does anybody have anything on the future of the Airport Express buses? The
driver suggested that a Kings Cross and Bondi service might survive, and
possibly a direct Darling Harbour service with small buses, but didn't
hold out any hope of the city routes surviving post-Olympics.

I don't know how it might affect taxis. This is not really a valid
comparison, but the Heathrow Express has really cut into the London taxi
business. It's 15 pounds one way from PAddington to Heathrow, compares
with 40 pounds for a taxi.

Cheers
David